February is truly under way, and you know what that means—Lupercalia night. With less than two weeks of festival time remaining, your friendly mod-pack is here to help get those creative juices boiling. (We're awesome, it's the law.)
From now until February 14, there will be a daily post to help bring about more of our favorite lunacy: werewolves. Oh, and Kradam. So, hey, two lunacies. (Don't you feel inspired already?) Cheerleading, beta-reading, cuddling, and friendly bludgeoning—all to help you release the beast within. In addition to the aforementioned general awesomeness, the posts will feature prompts to encourage daily victories. (Think of it this way; even if you write only one 100 word drabble a day...you'd have a sum of 1,000 by the 14th. And that's nothing to sneeze at.)
What's that, puppy? You want more hug and treats? *sigh* Cubs today.... Fine, fine. Because we have some unspeakably marvelous folk wandering in these here woods, let's talk about the rewards program.
Take the Cake Challenge
Pie's good too.
1. You write.
2. We help.
3. Werewolves are awesome.
...what, you want details? Greedy monkey.
1. You write and meet a daily word quota. The choices are either 500 or 1,000 words. (Obviously you're welcome to hit any number in between and very welcome to go over a thousand, but 500 and 1000 are the magic buttons that makes the prizes come out.
2. One prize per writer per day. (Sorry, but our resident Santa needs to be let off the leash occasionally.) On the plus side, you can get a prize for every day you meet the quota.
3. Quotas are met on a daily basis; they are not cumulative. Translation: writing 500 words one day and another 500 the next does not earn you the 1,000 token.
4. The daily quota applies to one plot, rather than a collection of 100 word drabbles. (You don't have to stick to one plot/idea for the entirety of the challenge, though.)
ETA:4b. You don't have to incorporate the prompt into your quota. Unless you want to.
5. No recycling. Use whatever you wrote the day of the posting, not whatever you have stashed away in your WIP safe. Obviously, we don't have a way of checking this, but...come on, guys. This is to help you write more. Don't insult it with cheating.
A custom story banner/poster made by our very own katekat100. Examples are below.
500 words = http://pics.livejournal.com/katekat1010/pic/00b1a6e5
1,000 words = http://pics.livejournal.com/katekat1010/pic/00b1bf75/g145
The challenge will last for ONE week. So have at it, mateys!
Questions? Comments? Tea? Feel free to ask.